Safe Clinic Environment
The American Academy of Pediatrics has expressed the importance of staying current on immunizations during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have created a safe clinical environment for you to continue bringing your child for well visits.
We limit your child’s exposure to illness by:
- Having a separate clinic entrance and designated rooms for sick patients. Sick patients do not wait in the lobby. Sick and well patients do not interact.
- Enhanced cleaning clinic-wide.
- Books, stickers and crayons are removed.
- We encourage social distancing in the lobby for patients coming for well visits.
- We screen all individuals who come to the clinic for symptoms and exposure history.
- If a child is scheduled for a well visit but develops illness symptoms, we request the family reschedule the appointment.
- We encourage limiting the visit to one adult accompanying the child.
In addition to keeping your children safe during well child visits, we also provide COVID-19 vaccines for ages 6 months and up.
To learn more about the vaccine, watch this video.
For age 6 months up to 5 years, we administer the Pfizer vaccine that requires three doses. The first two doses are 3 weeks apart and the final dose is 8 weeks after the 2nd dose.
Only one dose of the vaccine is typically needed for individuals 5 years of age and older.
To schedule a weekend vaccine appointment, please visit www.metropeds.com/vaccine for current information on vaccine availability.
COVID vaccination appointments will be available during the week beginning in late October. For easy scheduling and direct messaging to the clinic scheduling team we recommend that you activate your patient portal. It is a multi-step process, please begin by completing this request form: Click Here.