Well Child Visits
At every age, regular well-child visits are an important way to keep your child healthy. Because young children grow so quickly, well-child visits are a great way to track their growth and development.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has expressed the importance of staying current on immunizations during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have created a safe clinical environment for you to continue bringing your child for well visits.
We limit your child’s exposure to illness by:
- Having a separate clinic entrance and designated rooms for sick patients. Sick patients do not wait in the lobby. Sick and well patients do not interact.
- Enhanced cleaning clinic-wide.
- Books, stickers and crayons are removed.
- We encourage social distancing in the lobby for patients coming for well visits.
- We screen all individuals who come to the clinic for symptoms and exposure history.
- If a child is scheduled for a well visit but develops illness symptoms, we request the family reschedule the appointment.
- We encourage limiting the visit to one adult accompanying the child.
Beginning at age 3 well visits include:
- Physical examination;
- Weight and height;
- Blood pressure;
- Body mass index (BMI);
- Health questionnaire; and
- Developmental/behavioral/mental health assessment.
Well visits provide an opportunity for our pediatricians to:
- Evaluate behavior patterns;
- Address clearance for sports participation;
- Discuss growth and nutrition;
- Evaluate sleep patterns;
- Administer vaccinations;
- Address any questions or concerns you or your child has;
- Screen for mental health issues such as anxiety or depression, or other concerns; and
- Develop a trusting relationship with your child that will continue through their adolescence and teen years.
WELL CHILD VISIT SCHEDULE
For information on your child’s development, click on the link.
Well Child Visit: 2 Weeks – 2 Months
Well Child Visit: 12-14 Months
Well Child Visit: 15-17 Months
Well Child Visit: 18-23 Months
Well Child Visit: 2-2 1/2 Years
Well Child Visit: 2 1/2-3 Years