Well Child Visits
At every age, regular well-child visits are an important way to keep your child healthy. Because young children grow so quickly, well-child visits are a great way to track their growth and development.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has expressed the importance of staying current on immunizations during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have created a safe clinical environment for you to continue bringing your child for well visits.
We limit your child’s exposure to illness by:
- Having a separate clinic entrance and designated rooms for sick patients. Sick patients do not wait in the lobby. Sick and well patients do not interact.
- Enhanced cleaning clinic-wide.
- Books, stickers and crayons are removed.
- We encourage social distancing in the lobby for patients coming for well visits.
- We screen all individuals who come to the clinic for symptoms and exposure history.
- If a child is scheduled for a well visit but develops illness symptoms, we request the family reschedule the appointment.
- We encourage limiting the visit to one adult accompanying the child.
Beginning at age 3 well visits include:
- Physical examination;
- Weight and height;
- Blood pressure;
- Body mass index (BMI);
- Health questionnaire; and
- Developmental/behavioral/mental health assessment.
Well visits provide an opportunity for our pediatricians to:
- Evaluate behavior patterns;
- Address clearance for sports participation;
- Discuss growth and nutrition;
- Evaluate sleep patterns;
- Administer vaccinations;
- Address any questions or concerns you or your child has;
- Screen for mental health issues such as anxiety or depression, or other concerns; and
- Develop a trusting relationship with your child that will continue through their adolescence and teen years.
WELL CHILD VISIT SCHEDULE
For information on your child’s development, click on the link.